Lodgey and Life on the Road. Stories from South America.

26 January 2010

Land of the Long White Cloud

To say that leaving Australia was stressful would be an understatement. I actually thought that I was quite organised but the number of things to do before I left the country was ridiculous. I arrived in NZ at 2:30pm and was ready for bed. Big Day Out the night before and some last minute packing meant that I had about two hours sleep. I arrived at Nicole's exhausted. Slept a massive 13 hours.

Day 3 and I'm feeling slightly less delirious. The first two days were a bit of a blur. Was completely pampered by Nicole and Hamish and their two beautiful babies. Woke up in the middle of the night with a kitten asleep on my head and one asleep on my back. I love that I'm Azzy's (Coley's two-year-old) new best mate.

Am now staying at the Bliss house in Wellington. Just went on a driving adventure with Naricca who is sitting her driving test in a few days.

Geezer arrives tomorrow. Have forgotten how good kiwi cheese and tomatoes are...

NZ pics

No comments: